- 2 Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast halves, cut into 2-inch-thick strips
- 2 oz. Achiote Paste
- 3 tbls. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 oz Housemade Mexican-style chorizo (recipe below) (Note: you can substitute 1 link of store-bought all natural lean chorizo, but be careful with salt as store bought tends to be over salted and spiced)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Rancho Gordo White Posole (prepared hominy)
- ¾ cup chicken stock infused with the juice of ½ a lime
- ¾ lb. spinach leaves
- ½ cup chopped poblano peppers
- ¼ cup sliced leeks
- ¼ cup sliced shallots
- 1/8 cup sliced garlic
- 1 cup avocado salsa (recipe below)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 avocados
- 3 Tbls chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbls chopped shallot
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the avocado into cubes, add cilantro and shallot, pour in lime juice and mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Housemade Mexican-Style Chorizo
- Start with ground all-natural pork butt and mix in dashes of the following: minced dried onion, paprika, chili powder, cumin seed, coriander seed, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and sea salt.
For the chicken:
- Mix the achiote paste and 2 tbls. olive oil in a boil, add the chicken and coat the pieces with the paste.
- In a heated pan over medium high heat, add the chorizo and cook about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same pan, cook chicken breast pieces, being careful to leave space so you get a good sear. Cook about 4 minutes on each side. A nice dark crust will form.
- Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same pan, add one tbls olive oil, sauté poblano pepper, leeks, shallots and garlic for about 2 minutes (season with salt and pepper).
- Add posole and stock and bring stock to a boil.
- Add spinach in bunches to wilt, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place posole, pepper and spinach mixture on plate. Place chicken pieces on top. Top with avocado salsa and sprinkle crumbled chorizo over top.