You are welcome to play around with quantities and even ingredients. You could try a colored cabbage, replace it with lettuce, use poached chicken instead of shrimp, or make it vegan and leave them out altogether. The one thing we insist is that you don't use canned hominy. Hopefully, you won't even be tempted, but we will tell you the texture is not right, and the flavor is nothing compared to our dry prepared hominy or freshly made nixtamal.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Rancho Gordo Sabor Vaquero Chili Powder Blend, or your favorite chili powder blend
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, plus more salt to taste
- 3 cups cooked Rancho Gordo White Corn Posole/Prepared Hominy, drained and cooled
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 to 2 fresh chiles, such as serrano or jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 cups poached or grilled shrimp (optional)
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic. Whisk in the chili powder and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a serving bowl, combine the cooked, drained posole with the cabbage, radishes, green onions, and chiles. Add about half of the dressing and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and more dressing as needed. Top with avocado and shrimp, if using.