As the best tomatoes of summer are winding down, I've been continuing my obsession with macerated heirloom tomatoes. I've been tossing them with fresh mozzarella over pasta and last night I made this very simple composed salad. Use leftovers or make the components especially for this dish: wild rice, macerated tomatoes, and creamy white beans such as Cassoulet or Alubia Blanca. This recipe is for one serving, but you can easily scale up the recipe if you are serving more people.
- 1 large heirloom tomato, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fruity extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rancho Gordo Pineapple Vinegar to taste
- 1 cup cooked Rancho Gordo Wild Rice
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans, such as Rancho Gordo Cassoulet or Alubia Blanca beans
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the tomato, olive oil, salt and pepper, and vinegar. Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the salad, toss the wild rice with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Make a ring around a bowl with the rice, then add the macerated tomatoes and finally the cooked beans. Sprinkle with parsley and maybe indulge yourself with one small drizzle of olive oil.