Recipe: Royal Corona and Ancho Cress Salad
Combine the big, creamy goodness of Royal Coronas with the peppery bite of Ancho Cress and you've got a winning salad. Ancho Cress is available from specialty growers like my pals at Star Route Farms. If unavailable, try a mix of water cress and nasturtium leaves.
- 2 cups Royal Corona Beans, cooked, cooled and strained
- 1 cup Ancho Cress, washed and dried
- 3T Olive Oil (we like Bariani)
- 1T Balsamic Vinegar (again with the Bariani!)
- 1/4 cup Dry Goat Cheese (we like Achidinha)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, make a dressing with the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked beans and cleaned greens and gently toss until well distributed.
- Dust with cheese and serve at room temperature.