Recipe: Salsa Arriera
It sounds oddly simple, and it is. It sounds incredibly hot, and it is. This ended up being a constant last summer with the abundance of serrano chiles.
- 20 whole serrano peppers (or 10 Serrano del Sol)
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons water, cold
- Salt, to taste
- Toast the chiles on a medium-hot comal or griddle, turning them from time to time until they are blistered and charred.
- While they are still hot, grind them with the rest of the ingredients to a rough paste in a molcajete or in a blender.