Recipe: Spanish Alubia Blancas
Here's a very simple method from Spain for enjoying this bean. You're likely to have most of the ingredients in your pantry already.
Serves 2-4 as a side dish
- 1/2 pound Rancho Gordo Alubia Blanca beans
- Olive Oil (Spanish, perhaps?)
- Bay laurel leaf
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- Prepare the Alubia Blanca beans in the Rancho Gordo manner, with just bay leaf and a small splash of olive oil. Salt the beans when they are soft enough to mash.
- Sauté the red bell pepper, garlic and onion over medium-low heat and stir in the paprika. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Combine the mixture into the beans.