To go with cocktail hour, or just for fun, we’ve adapted a classic Italian snack. I think this is a smart way to start a meal.
- 2 cups cooked Rancho Gordo Garbanzos, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Rancho Gordo Oregano Indio
- 1 teaspoon Rancho Gordo Stardust Dipping Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, oregano, Stardust, and salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over mediumhigh heat. Add the chickpeas and spice mix and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, about 7 minutes. Keep cooking until most of the moisture is gone. They won't be crispy fried, more like very small russet potatoes when cooked. Drain the chickpeas on a paper towel.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve at room temperature.