A unique mixture of beans, goat cheese, and olives that can be used as a dip with bread or crackers, as a spread, or even as a topping for roasted vegetables.
There are endless variations on white bean puree. Use capers instead of olives, or thyme instead of rosemary. Add anchovies for extra flavor.
- 2 cups cooked, drained Rancho Gordo Marcella beans, or other white beans
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup pitted green olives
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- In a food processor, combine the beans, goat cheese, olives, lemon zest, garlic, and rosemary. Process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Taste the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.