- 2 cups fully cooked Rancho Gordo Royal Corona, Ayocote Blanco, or Cassoulet beans, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped roughly
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves stripped and stems discarded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (low moisture, not fresh), grated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Serves 2 to 4
- Preheat the oven to 475F. Mix the beans, tomatoes, peppers, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil together and pour into an oven-safe casserole. Top with the two kinds of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The top should be browned and the beans bubbling.
Note: If you have a larger casserole dish, you may need additional cheese to cover the whole dish. I don't think many will complain about extra cheese. This recipe can also easily be doubled or even tripled if you have a very large dish (it makes great leftovers).