Even though they’re soft and creamy, Alubia Blanca hold their shape and are probably one of our best salad beans. My family went nuts for this salad. It’s very easy but you don’t need to tell them that. For me, the cream of the beans with the crunch of the celery and radish make for a great salad.
Rancho Gordo Vinaigrette (see below)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Rancho Gordo Alubia Blanca beans, well-drained
- 1 jarred roasted red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 3 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled completely with a vegetable peeler for razor-thin slices
- Salt and pepper
Mix the vinaigrette in a salad bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients and toss together gently. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
Rancho Gordo Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Rancho Gordo Oregano Indio
- 2 tablespoons Rancho Gordo Pineapple Vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
In your salad bowl, make a paste with the salt and garlic. Add the mustard, oregano and vinegar. Mix well. Whisk in the olive oil slowly.