- 4 whole poblano peppers, charred, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup cotija cheese, grated
- 1 cup cooked and drained Buckeye (aka Yellow Indian Woman) or Santa Maria Pinquito Beans
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup crema Mexican (or sour cream, thinned with milk)
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle chile canned in adobo, pureed
- Salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the cooked beans, onion, the chipotle chiles, half the cheese, half the crema, salt and pepper.
- Fill each chile with about a quarter of the bean mixture and place the stuffed chiles on an ungreased baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle the remaining crema over the chiles and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
NOTES: For a gooier dish, replace some of the cotija with Oaxacan string cheese or mozzarella.