From Julia at Rancho Gordo:
I’ve developed a real love for summer-ripe Early Girl tomatoes. To me, they are the perfect salad tomato: meaty, sweet, and juicy, but not so juicy that they create a soggy salad. I’ve also developed a (possibly unhealthy) obsession with French sheep’s milk feta cheese. Every week I buy a big chunk of it, resting in brine in a plastic container, and crumble it over just about anything. Sometimes I eat it plain. It has a rich creaminess that I haven’t found in other feta cheeses. Chopped cucumber would be a nice addition to this salad for extra crunch.
- 4 medium or 2 large, ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped, or 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Rancho Gordo Pineapple Vinegar or white wine vinegar, to taste
- Flaky salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked Rancho Gordo Garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 ounces French sheep's milk feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, flat-leaf parsley, or mint
Serve 2 to 4
- In a serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Add the Garbanzo beans, feta, onion, and cilantro to the tomatoes and mix gently. Season with additional salt and pepper, drizzle with additional olive oil, and serve.