There was about a cup of garbanzos and a cup of their broth sitting in the refrigerator. I was starving. Well, quite hungry. I added some frozen spinach, olive oil and a teaspoon of our new Smoked Pimentón Paprika. Once heated through, a drizzle of my best olive oil and a scant squeeze of lemon. Holy cow.
There is a temptation to add even more pimentón but a teaspoon is perfect. I am not the biggest spinach fan so I only had frozen on hand. I don’t dislike it but I prefer it when other people make things with it. I plopped some of the frozen spinach into the simmering garbanzos and waited while they made friends. I reached for the Parmesan but thought, so far so good, let’s make this vegan. The lemon was the kicker.
- About 1 cup cooked Rancho Gordo Garbanzo Beans, plus 1 cup cooking broth
- About 2 cups frozen spinach (or chopped fresh spinach)
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Pimentón Paprika
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the Garbanzos and their broth to a simmer. Stir in the spinach and paprika. Let cook until the spinach is heated through and the flavors have married.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with a generous drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.