Have you ever baked beets? You may find them twice as good as boiled. Cut the greens and wrap the beets in foil. Bake for about an hour at 375 and slip off the skins when cool. You can toss them with some balsamic vinegar or use them in the following salad.
- 3 beets, cooked (see above) and cubed
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup cooked Rancho Gordo White Quinoa
- Several sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette, your choice
- Handful of roasted peanuts (optional)
- Toss all ingredients together and allow to chill before serving.